Welcome to BRIL!
Bristol Reclaiming Independent Living (BRIL)
BRIL is a community group run by and for Disabled people, neurodivergent people, people living with chronic illness and people who experience mental distress.
Our aims are to :
- Campaign for equality and inclusion for all Disabled people.
- To promote the principle of ‘Independent Living’ for all.
- To provide peer-support.
BRIL defines Independent Living as:
- The right to live in the community
- Being free from segregation and isolation
- Having choice and control over our lives, on an equal basis to other people
- Having access to support and personal assistance that meets our needs.
BRIL defines peer support as way of:
- Sharing experiences
- Recognising and respecting our differences
- Being connected to others
- Having choice and control
- Showing solidarity.
Cost-of-living debate sparked by petitions ‘provides campaigning momentum’
Benefit levels are too low to meet disabled people’s needs, MPs hear
Austerity is the problem, not the answer Reposted from Inclusion London, 14th November 2022 What: A coalition of Disabled people’s organisations has warned that further austerity cuts will cause untold misery and many deaths. The Disabled People’s Organisations Forum, a group of 40 Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs), believes any further public spending cuts will once again …