Welcome to BRIL!
Bristol Reclaiming Independent Living (BRIL)
BRIL is a community group run by and for Disabled people, neurodivergent people, people living with chronic illness and people who experience mental distress.
Our aims are to :
- Campaign for equality and inclusion for all Disabled people.
- To promote the principle of ‘Independent Living’ for all.
- To provide peer-support.
BRIL defines Independent Living as:
- The right to live in the community
- Being free from segregation and isolation
- Having choice and control over our lives, on an equal basis to other people
- Having access to support and personal assistance that meets our needs.
BRIL defines peer support as way of:
- Sharing experiences
- Recognising and respecting our differences
- Being connected to others
- Having choice and control
- Showing solidarity.
Saturday 15 May 2021 From 11.00 am to 1.00pm This event is a chance for Deaf and Disabled people to have their say on what has happened to them during the Covid-19 pandemic, learn about other people’s experiences and share ideas about what the right to Independent Living means, during and after COVID-19. With presenters …
If you are a Deaf or Disabled Person living in Bristol, this is your chance to ask the person who will be Mayor of Bristol your question. There will be Zoom meeting on Wednesday 28th April From 7.00-9.00 pm Candidates from the four main parties have been asked to talk about issues that particularly affect …
Tuesday 27th April 2.00pm to 3.30pm Please join our event with: The British Institute of Human Rights To book your place, or if you have any questions about the event, please email email@example.com Or text BRIL and your message to : 07592 007246 You can send questions in advance The event will have BSL interpreters